21 May 2010

A Damn Good Pair Of Jeans

Selvage Denim. Japanese Denim. Heavy Weight. Light Weight. Italian. American. Whatever your preference, there are plenty of great jeans out there on the market. More today than probably ever before. And I've got a whole bunch...well enough to say that over the past ten years, i've had the chance to formulate my own opinion on what makes a great jean. After several pairs of Japanese selvage or Italian-sewn jeans, my favorite has to be my cheap, 79.99$ Levis 510X Skinny Jeans. I've been wearing these bad boys for 11 months, bought them raw, and I must say that I'm enjoying them more than any Nudie, APC, Diesel or Dsquared jean before them. Not that those guys don't make awesome jeans. But the 510X's have withstood more wear and abuse than any other jean I've ever owned. And of course, the best thing about wearing raw jeans for months, is that they take on the shape of your body and end up being the most comfortable things ever. So here's an ode to you, you fabulous 510X's. You have served well for the past 11 months, and I think you're ready for your first wash...

- Justin